- A 52 year old female presents with fever, new-onset weakness, and dyspnea on exertion. This is associated with weight loss and a rash. She denies current or previous drug use. No pets or recent travel.
- Tmax 99.8 F
- Heart sounds:
- Bilateral basilar crackles
- Left sided weakness
- Petechiae on fingertips
- WBC 12k, ESR 75, CRP 8.5.
- Blood cultures negative ngtd.
- Brain MRI shows multifocal acute CVA in different vascular distributions.
(Note: this post contains an audio clip, so it must be listened to on the website! Click on the title above)